Thursday, May 10, 2012

Last Year's Iris

We're suffering miserable spring weather in the UK at the moment, it has been cold and wet and miserable and I think the flowers are sulking!  I went through my photos from previous springs and found a lovely iris to cheer me up.  Finances being tight at the moment I need to sell more and figured small work would be more affordable, so I'm working on a series of small square works.... fingers crossed this strategy works!

Square Dance - 7.5" x 7.5", watercolour on Fabriano Artistico extra white paper
Buy Square Dance

8 comments:

Sadami said...

~(*o*)~! ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ·.•*•♫°•♫·.•ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ!!

Maria Emilia Moreira said...

Ficou uma maravilha essa aguarela . Que manchas preciosas.Parabéns.
M. Emília

Sonia Aguiar said...

Preciosa acuarela. Te felicito!!

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Marvelous painting. Love this flower and the colors. great and beautiful work. Lovely greet Marja

renate said...

Hello Ruth:) What a very nice painting! Love the colors and the way you painted the flower. Great job!

Unknown said...

Thank you Sadami, Maria, Sonia, Marja and Renate, irises are my absolute favourite flowers so I hope to paint more this year!

Helen H Trachy said...

So very delicate! Nice work Maria Emilia. Have a great weekend!

World of Animals, Inc said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful painting for us. We love the colors that you used and we love the artistic touch you have in all of your posts. Have a fantastic rest of your week.
World of Animals